Thanks to Life on a Dirt Road for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is an award for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers.
I am excited to receive my second blogging award. My first was the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out that post here. Thanks guys, for appreciating what I do. You sure know how to make a girl feel special.
Here are the rules for this award :
Post 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the questions the tagger has set out for you and create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated.
Choose 11 people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to, and link their sites to your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
Do not nominate the blogger who nominated you.
Here are 11 facts about myself, per the nomination rules –
1) I waited until I was 30 to have my first child
2) It took me seven years to earn my bachelor’s degree
3) Now that I live in the city I rarely drive
4) The first mountains I ever saw were the Swiss Alps
5) I have moved to two different parts of the country following men I was in love with
6) The way I got into gardening was almost accidental
7) I used to write poetry as a calling
8) I lived communally for a decade
9) I believe in making my own rules
10) I also believe life is for living, and I follow my own path
11) I’m so happy to be blogging and that I’ve found folks out there who want to listen to me talk about diapers and vegetable starts
Here are my answers to the questions posed to me:
1) If you could be any animal, what would you be?
I would be a house cat who gets to go outside.
They are my favorite animal. I connect with them more than with any other animal. Plus they have almost no responsibility, people feed them, they get to lounge around a lot, and they seem to enjoy themselves. Climbing trees and lying in the sun sound nice to me.
3) Coffee or tea?
4) Where would you like to travel to?
British Columbia, Canada. It’s close to Portland, Oregon, where I live, I’ve always wanted to go there, and I think I would enjoy the culture and landscape.
5) What is your secret talent?
Many things in life are incredibly frustrating and or disappointing. I continually practice being patient in order to bring about the reality that I want to live in. Nothing happens over night. No veggies grow overnight, no friendships blossom overnight. No quarrels resolve overnight. So again and again I practice patience. And lo and behold, eventually my reality starts to shape into something I recognize as peaceful and productive.
6) Would you like to be rich or famous?
Ok, I admit it; I used to want to be famous. I used to dream about leading the way toward a more peaceful coexistence between humans and The Earth.
But nowadays I rejoice in the fact that I am one of many who are trying to live in harmony with The Earth. And I recognize that I am wasteful and prideful and not the ideal Earth Citizen at all. So I know that I don’t deserve the credit I once wished for.
No, now I enjoy my home, my garden, my family and my neighborhood. I enjoy them quietly and I let others with more energy speak out loudly. And I appreciate them. I also appreciate those folks who show me how to live in better harmony with The Earth.
7) Do you think paper books will ever become obsolete?
PAPER books, maybe. Physical books, no way. Tomorrow’s books may be made out of a more sustainable fiber like bamboo or hemp, but I believe they will still exist. Digital books are fine and dandy, and probably much more info will be stored that way as the years go by. But people like to hold books in their hands. Screens hurt our eyes and bodies as books do not. And digital info feels less permanent than do physical books. Let’s leave a few books around to show folks 1000 years from now what we were all about.
8) What is your favorite hobby?
It’s a toss up between gardening and crafting.
9) What makes you laugh?
Crude (non demeaning) jokes. Butt jokes, fart jokes. Animals and kids. And my husband.
10) What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Right now Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia
11) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I guess I’d be more organized.
I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs for this award in return for being nominated. But, as I have stated before, I don’t really read many blogs.
I am nominating Craft Hill Fabric Artisans for the Liebster Award. These ladies do amazing quilting. They are a mother daughter quilting duo. Please check out their blog. Be prepared to be blown away by the quilts these ladies pump out. I sure was.
Now here are my 11 questions I’ll pose to the blogger(s) I’m nominating:
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
2) What continues to inspire you to blog?
3) Why do you enjoy your craft so much?
4) Does quilting together help to motivate you?
5) Do you use all new materials, or go old school and use left over fabrics from life? Or do you use a combo?
6) Do you ever let the dogs help you choose fabrics?
7) Do you use old quilt patterns of new ones?
8) Do you ever create your own quilt patterns?
9) Did all your sewing knowledge come down from the generations of family women crafters before you, or have either of you ever taken sewing classes?
10) Do you two have fabric creations made by your female ancestors on display around your home?
11) Do you know how lucky you are to come from a genealogy of women who kept and maintained the old skills and passed them along to you?!
So long for now, and thanks again to all those who read my blog.